Swayam Central is a program started by the Government of India that focuses on providing quality education to students and people eager to learn new things. The three main principles of Swayam Central are access, equity, and quality. Swayam Central mainly focuses on providing education to the most disadvantaged students. Due to the digital revolution in the education and academic field, many students who don’t have access to a good internet connection are lagging behind. Swayam seeks to bridge this digital divide for the students.
Swayam Central provides top-notch education and hosts various courses in its curriculum. Some points regarding the courses are mentioned below:
- Swayam Central courses include education from class 9 till post-graduation.
- The courses are so well designed that they can be accessed by any learner anywhere at any time.
- The best teachers in the country have designed all courses under Swayam, and their thorough research has fixed the syllabus.
- Swayam Central has more than 1000 specially chosen faculty who have used their long-term experience in the education field to design the courses. The teachers also teach the students of Swayam from across the country. Such an initiative is highly appreciable and respectable.
Methods of Education
The education in Swayam is being done through the following methods:
- Video Lectures
Some good video production companies have been appointed by Swayam Central to produce educational videos of high quality. The research for the video is been done thoroughly. Moreover, teachers always try out new and funny examples to make students understand complex topics and concepts. The video lectures are also offline downloadable; students can even download and study them according to their suitable time. The audio-visual and multimedia format of education has helped tons of students.
- Reading Materials
Notes or reading materials are provided so students can read them after class. Also, the transcript of the whole video is provided; hence if a student wants to see the script, they can even see it. Meanwhile, the reading materials, assessments, and other documents are all provided in pdf format. Thus, students willing to print the notes can do so and study them while marking essential points.
- Self-assessment tests
After every week, there is a weekly test. It helps the students to be up to date with their studies and also helps them to improve at the points they are lagging. Various quizzes are also held to check the efficiency of the students in the real world. At the end of the month, a full-fledged exam is conducted, with report cards given after all exams. Hence, students willing to improve themselves can assist them after each month and find how much they have improved from the previous month.
- Doubt Clearing Sessions
An online discussion forum is held to clear the doubts of every student. Also, a 1:1 conversation is held between the teacher and the student. Thus, students who are shy or forget to ask certain doubts can individually clear them out. Doubts clearing is the most important, as grabbing concepts can’t be possible without it. Swayam makes every effort to make their students the best.
Swayam has appointed the following powerful education ministries for the best quality education:
- AICTE (All India Council for Technical Education) for self-learning and to build international courses
- NPTEL (National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning) for Engineering and other technical courses like BCA, BBA
- UGC (University Grants Commission) for non-technical post-graduation education like Master’s in Commerce and Master’s in Arts
- CEC (Consortium for Educational Communication) for undergraduate education or college-level education.
- NCERT (National Council of Educational Research and Training) for school-level education
- NIOS (National Institute of Open Schooling) for also school level education
- IGNOU (Indira Gandhi National Open University) for out-of-school students and learners
- IIMB (Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore) for management studies like the MBA
- NITTTR (National Institute of Technical Teachers Training and Research) for teacher training programs like Bachelor’s in Education
As Swayam is mainly built for students who have faced difficulties in the standard education system, the courses of Swayam are free of cost. Courses requiring lack and lacks money have also been made free of cost. However, learners willing to get a Swayam certificate should register for a final exam. Although there are fees for the final exams, they are negligible compared to the fees of prominent colleges and universities.
Thus, Swayam Central is the most reliable and best online education platform. Many students already have a bright future by completing respective courses from Swayam. Swayam has also made sure that universities and colleges are going to approve the Swayam certificates. Hence, if students even want foreign education afterward in their life, they can even accomplish their goals without any hassle. So, without wasting more time, make your future bright by joining Swayam to get a quality education for free.