This is a great portal for students who are seeking Education Loans. Vidya Lakshmi is a trustable and excellent platform for Education loans. The portal has been developed with the help of the Department of Financial Services (Ministry of Finance), the Department of Higher Education (Ministry of Education), and by Indian Banks Association (IBA). The Vidya Lakshmi portal has been maintained and developed by Protean Technologies Limited (Formerly known as NSDL E-Governance Infrastructure Limited). Hence, always choose Vidya Lakshmi over any other education loan-giving platform.
Features of Vidya Lakshmi Portal
This Portal provides only one interface for students to access information and applications for education loans provided by Banks and Govt Scholarships. It has the following features in it:
- All Information regarding the educational loan and schemes of banks are provided.
- Explanation of the Common Educational Loan application form for students is there.
- Application for multiple banks for educational loans is provided.
- Facility for banks to download the student’s loan Application form and other stuff.
- Facility for Banks to upload the whole loan processing status.
- Facility for students to email any query or complaint relating to educational loans to banks.
- Linkage to National Scholarship Portal for information and application for every Govt scholarship.
How to apply?
Well, the following steps are mentioned for applying for scholarships:
- Vidya Lakshmi website should be opened, and “apply for a scholarship” should be clicked. Reading the disclaimer is important, as it mentions some critical points. Vidya Lakshmi doesn’t charge extra fees to applicants while applying for scholarships.
- Students should register on the portal with all the necessary details and essentials. Students should ensure all the provided information is correct and valid. Also, setting a password wherever asked is needed.
- After this, students must go to the next page and upload the mark sheet of the last course they were enrolled in. Also, uploading the allotment or admission letter with it is required.
- Then, students must choose the bank where the scholarship will enter. Three banks can be enrolled under one user ID. Generally, within 48 hours, the bank responds.
- After all inspections, the loan gets sanctioned.
Some important documents that are required while applying for the scholarship are:
- Income Certificate from District Mamaltdar or three years ITR (ITRs filed on the same day are not accepted). An income certificate or ITR of the student’s parents or guardians are required.
- Copy of House ownership. Taking all the copies of documents relating to the house/immovable property is essential.
- A 100 rupees stamp paper of 08 number is required.
- Allotment letter with a fee breakup is needed. Both documents can be availed from the University for submitting the same at the bank.
- Other docs such as PAN, AADHAR, BANK STATEMENT, and LIGHT BILL will be required during the procedure.
- Guarantors ITR, Salary slip of 3 months (if employed) are also needed.
PAN card Apply
PAN cards can also be applied through the portal of Vidya Lakshmi. For this, the applicant should submit the following details:
- FIRST NAME
- MIDDLE NAME (If any)
- DATE OF BIRTH
- EMAIL ID
- MOBILE NUMBER
After submitting all these documents, the student must fill in the captcha and then he will be able to apply for the PAN card. The disclaimer is that having or applying for more than one PAN of a single person is illegal. A penalty of 10,000 can be levied on having multiple PAN cards.
Contact Details of Vidya Lakshmi
- Contact Number – Tel – 020-2567 8300
- Email id – email@example.com
- Head Office of Vidya Lakshmi – Mumbai – Address – Times Tower, 1st Floor, Kamala Mills Compound, Lower Parel, Mumbai – 400 013.
- Fax – (022) 2491 5217
- Working hours – Monday to Friday from 9:30 am to 6 pm
Branches of Vidya Lakshmi
- Kolkata – 5th Floor, The Millenium, Flat No. 5W, 235/2A, Acharya Jagdish Chandra Bose Road, Kolkata – 700 020.
- Chennai – 6A, 6th Floor, Kences Towers, #1 Ramkrishna Street, North Usman Road, T. Nagar, Chennai – 600 017.
- New Delhi – 409/410, Ashoka Estate Building, 4th floor, Barakhamba Road, Connaught Place, New Delhi – 110 001.
- Ahmedabad – Unit No. 407, 4th floor, 3rd Eye One Commercial Complex Co-op. Soc. Ltd., Above Vijay Sales Stores C. G. Road, Near Panchvati Circle, Ahmedabad – 380006.
Thus, Vidya Lakshmi is mainly for students who are willing to continue their studies but cannot due to a lack of financial support. Already 40 banks are registered on the Vidya Lakshmi portal. Hence, there is no hassle in selecting a bank. The registered banks include the State Bank Of India, Canara Bank, Bank of India, Punjab National Bank, IDBI bank, BANK of Baroda, and many more. Moreover, 133 loan schemes are there. Choosing the most desirable scheme will be the best.